Eat Out to Help Out
Are you thinking of registering for the governments new Eat Out to Help Out Scheme? or have you already registered?
For our customers that have registered for the new government scheme Eat Out to Help Out, a new script (computer code) has been developed to assist you and your staff with everything that you need. The guys at ICR Touch have been working tirelessly in the background to bring you this new feature at short notice and BCR are ready to get your EPOS system setup for the new VAT rate changes and install the new Eat Out to Help Out script.
This script handles the government's Eat Out To Help Out scheme which offers a discount on eating out. Full info can be found here:
1. The discount is only available on Monday-Wednesday during August 2020. The script will not work outside of August 2020 so you don't need to do anything when the offer is over.
2. 50% discount up to a maximum of £10 per person, to diners for food or non-alcoholic drinks to eat or drink in (Not takeaway).
3. Alcohol and service charges are excluded from the offer.
4. VAT is still based on the full amount of the sale and not just the discounted amount.
For each day you’re using the scheme, you must keep records of:
1. Total number of people who have used the scheme in your establishment.
2. Total value of transactions under the scheme.
3. Total amount of discounts you’ve given.
This will be reported on the Z report each day when the report is run. This report can also be viewed in TouchOffice Web (cloud back office) under Till Reports.
For our full guide on EPoS terminal online ordering app integration click HERE
We are providing the script for your TouchPoint terminals and the apps TouchTakeaway / ByTable without any additional charges. Please email BCR to request the script install and we will arrange it as soon as possible. Please note we are currently extremely busy helping our customers to get back up and running after the lockdown. The sooner you request it, the sooner we can get this done for you.